abacus (plural: abacuses or abaci (considered pedantic))
- (obsolete) A table or tray strewn with sand, anciently used for drawing, calculating, etc.
- A calculating table or frame; an instrument for performing arithmetical calculations by balls sliding on wires, or counters in grooves, the lowest line representing units, the second line, tens, etc.
- I"ve heard merchants still use an abacus for adding things up in China.
- (architecture) The uppermost member or division of the capital of a column, immediately under the architrave.
- (archaic) A tablet, panel, or compartment in ornamented or mosaic work.
- A board, tray, or table, divided into perforated compartments, for holding cups, bottles, or the like; a kind of cupboard, buffet, or sideboard.
6 letters in word "abacus": A A B C S U.
No anagrams for abacus found in this word list.
Words found within abacus: